home > 커뮤니티 > 묵상나눔
묵상나눔

[9/20] Thursday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time

페이지 정보

작성자 미카엘 수사 작성일18-09-19 11:00 조회33회 댓글0건

본문

<1Cor15:1-11 / Lk7:36-50>

I have two scars on my right palm. I got one when I fell down on stairs when I was 6 years old. The other one came from an accident. Whenever I see the scars, I remember the moments when I was wounded. They are a kind of painful memories. But, at the same time, the scars remind me of something else. They help me to remember the love and concern that my family showed me when I was hurt. Also the scars teach me that no matter how much it is painful the wound can be healed even though the scars remained. I believe everyone has scars on his or her body for many reasons and each one has different memories and feelings about them.

Meanwhile there is a different scar that we can find in a human soul rather than on a human body. The scar is produced when people commit a sin, and it reminds people of something as well. It can be a shameful memory or unjust situations they couldn’t avoid. That’s why many people try to hide the scar which brings them negative feelings. However, some people discover something positive from their scars in their souls. They remember how easily they can fall into sin and how much they need to rely on God to walk in a right way. The scar teaches us that we can commit a sin at any time without His grace. In a sense the scar is like a warning sign which helps us to be sober all the time.

And there is much more important thing we can learn from the scar. Whenever we see them, we remember that God has forgiven us as many times as we have them. They are the sign showing God’s love and generosity in spite of our sinful nature. No matter how great our sin is, His mercy is always greater than that. The ugly scars are actually special places where we can remember God’s mercy.

In today’s Gospel we see a woman who bathed Jesus’ feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. She was recognized as a sinful woman in the city. She was a sinner, and in other words she had sicknesses in her soul. And Jesus healed the sicknesses by forgiving her many sins. She would get many scars from the sicknesses after she was healed. She might feel painful and shameful whenever she saw the scars in her soul. But, at the same time, the scars would remind her of the memory of love and mercy she’d experienced from Jesus.

We all experience His forgiving love. The love healed us and we remember those healing moments by looking at the scars in our souls. They can be ugly and they can make us shameful, but they are also the proof and evidence that God has forgiven us in His grace. In fact, as the first reading says, “by the grace of God we are what we are, and his grace to us has not been ineffective.”(1Cor15,10) His grace is transforming us even now into what we should be and what He wants us to be.

Therefore Jesus’ forgiveness is not just wiping away a kind dirt or stain but it is the process that leads us to the fullness of life. And it will eventually make all of us His people. We all are the sinful woman in today’s gospel. But we are not those who are disappointed with oneself looking at the shameful past; rather we remind ourselves the great love of God through the scars. That is what Christians are meant to be, for sure. He forgave large debt for us. So let us thank God for His mercy and also let us try to respond to His love in our daily lives as transformed people.

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.